Tuesday, May 19, 2009
5/19/2009
Ok, I haven't posted in a few days. I have been really busy with EMT school and trying to finish up stuff around the new house and also trying to maintain some type of a normal marriage. So far to date I have lost 30 pounds. now you might say "wow!" but when you were @ 27% body fat it really doesn't mean all that much. What is a big deal is my body fat % has dropped I am down to only 20%, still isn't where i want it to be but isn't bad from where i have come from. here is the deal, running running running. I hate running, i hate the idea of running be it out doors or on the tread mill, i am just not a fan. But the fact remains that it has been one of the key factors in me losing all the weight i have. If it wasn't for running i would probably be getting very discouraged and maybe on the verge of giving up. But I am seeing the results, not only in body weight but in energy. I feel better i feel like i am not always winded and most of all I am not exhausted 24/7 like i use to be. So for any of you that have read my first blog post. Http://www.coolrunnings.com is the website that has the couch to 5k running plan, I will admit, it seems so easy in the beginning but wait till about week 3 when u have to really push yourself as hard as you can. It is tough. Anyways i am working on putting together a lifting program that i am doing for the rest of you to maybe look at or try or modify. Keep in mind my program isn't for me to get bigger i want to get stronger and cut, so gaining muscle size isn't as important as muscle strength.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad to hear your sticking with the running, even if the dogs destroy your running shoes! (p.s.-insert smart ass joke about you trying to get bigger HERE)
ReplyDelete